WebThings is an open platform for monitoring and controlling devices over the web.
It is an open source implementation of emerging Web of Things standards at the W3C.
WebThings Gateway is a software distribution for smart home gateways which allows users to directly monitor and control their smart home over the web, without a middleman.
- Pairing SmartThings sensors
- Configuring the Arlec Smart Plug
- Factory reset a Cree Connected bulb
- Factory reset a Hue bulb
- Factory reset a Hue Wireless Dimmer
- Factory reset an IKEA bulb
Web Thing API
The Web Thing API is the REST & WebSockets API used by the WebThings IoT platform for monitoring and controlling devices over the web. Parts of the Web Thing API specification are currently being standardised via the W3C.
- Introduction to the Web Thing API
- Web Thing API specification
- WoT Capability Schemas
WebThings Gateway is an open source implementation of a Web of Things gateway which bridges a range of different IoT protocols to the Web Thing API and provides a web interface for users to monitor and control devices.
- Gateway Architecture
- Build Instructions
- Creating a new translation
- Testing pre-release OTA updates
- Releasing a Gateway OTA Update
- Introduction to Add-ons
- Creating an Add-on
- Configuring an Add-on
- Publishing an Add-on
- Add-on APIs
- Adapter Inter-process communication
- Debug Controller
WebThings Framework is a collection of re-usable software components to help developers build their own web things which directly expose the Web Thing API.
Third Party Libraries
- Atmosphere IoT
- IoT.js by rzr
- C# by lillo42
- Go by rzr
- Go by dravenk
- ESP-IDF by akshayvernekar
- PHP by maliknaik16
- Python by hidaris
WebThings Cloud is a collection of cloud services for remotely managing web things over the internet. WebThings Cloud includes a remote access service which can create an end-to-end encrypted tunnel between a WoT gateway (or device) and a WoT client so that it can be securely accessed over the internet.
- Glossary of Terms
- Installing Node.js
- Accessing the command line on the Raspberry Pi
- Configuring GPIO on the Raspberry Pi
- Running OAuth locally
- Command line tool for exploring new Zigbee and Z-Wave devices
- Installing OpenZWave
- Node for OpenZWave
- Debugging Z-Wave
- Debugging Zigbee
- Recording Zigbee frames sent by XCTU
- Zigbee attributes
- Setup of eslint in PyCharm
- Loop mounting a Raspberry Pi image file under Linux
- Mozilla Hacks Blog - Web of Things - Original Mozilla WebThings blog
- TwoBraids Blog - Blog posts about WebThings